The village of Arahova is built on the southern slope of Mount Parnassus, as its name hints, at an elevation of 900-1000 meters.
The area of Arachova is full of ancient settlements that date back to 1200 B.C. The modern village of Arachova was built in 1300 A.D. At the time, Frank rule of Phocis and Boeotia was at its peak. A local nobleman and feudal lord by the name of De Nesle took steps to better organize the area and brought the dispersed settlements together, where Arachova’s Agios Giannis is located today.
The increase of visitors to the archaeological site of Delphi led to the development of the surrounding areas’ tourism industry. Tourism has further increased in the area with the establishment of skiing facilities and the development of winter tourism in Greece.
(source & copyright: learn more at theDelphiGuide.com)